The history of Hotel Portamaggiore is indissolubly tied to Rome history. The Palace where our hotel is was completed in 1925, after five years of works, and was immediately open to welcome pilgrims coming to Rome for the 23rd Jubilee proclaimed by Pope Pio XI.
Thanks to modern means of transport it became easier to reach Rome and this caused an exponential growth of the arrivals, so, it was necessary an organization completely different from the past.
In this context the hotel tradition of Hotel Portamaggiore was born and after a steady evolution process, today it has 206 comfortable rooms, a restaurant and the above mentioned, “La terrazza in Portamaggiore Roof Garden”, button hole of our structure. The common areas are enriched by precious authentic archeological finds, found out in situ, certified by the Ministry for Cultural Assets. We also informed the “Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei”.